Re: designer error

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:53:26 +0100

"Jan Ödman" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think I may not have been clear in my description at the beginning so I
> will take it from the start:
>
> I have installed the repository from a client to the server. This means that
> I have only one home on the server and I have no clients installed on the
> server.

OK - that wasn't clear to me

> I installed the repository with administrator priviliges on the server and
> as sys in oracle.
Oops! As SYS?
[Quoted] Not a good idea in general - installing applications as SYS...

> The server version is 8.1.7 enterprise editition
>
> I have another database on another server that works if I run the client
> tools i designer and if I look in the help -> about -> system info to
> compare the versions on these two servers, they are alike except for one
> thing, that is that one of them (the one which works) has been patched twice
> whith CI04012.MR2_UPGRADE and CI04012.MR3_UPGRADE. Could it bee the reason
> for my problem?

[Quoted] Certainly - it looks asif your working set has been patched on the repository,
and probably the client as well. This could be the reason why:

> I have tried to run the Repository Reports and did get som error message
> about the client couldn't run because of wrong version something....
<snip>

[Quoted] [Quoted] supposing you run the same client against your new repository. Question now is, which patches you still need to run against the new repository... Which I cannot answer. My best guess is to do a text serach for those entries (CI04012, MR2_UPGRADE,
combination of the two, etc) and hope you can find some reference on your
client. Other than that, I would know - sorry.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel