Re: Getting Ora 12203 when connecting from Discoverer

From: anil chada <anil.chada_at_oracle.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2001 06:48:50 -0800

Sybrand --

[Quoted] [Quoted] Thanks for the information. Actaully after doing couple of tests, i found out that it is not looking at tnsnames.ora file located on oraHome816, it is still looking at net80/admin directory in ora_disc oracle home. That means TNS_ADMIN value in windows registry is not working...

By any chance do you know why it not looking at TNS_ADMIN variable.

to setup TNS_ADMIN value i used regedit... went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIINE\SOFTWATE\ORACLE\HOME3 and added TNS_ADMIN value.

HOME3 is pointing to C:\oracle\discoverer home.

Thanks for your time
Anil

Thanks