Re: sql loader

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:23:40 +0200

"daniel cohen" <daniel_cohen_sch_at_eurosport.com> wrote in message news:cff1fc58.0109271203.325eac4f_at_posting.google.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have a flat file with 1 million records to load.
> I loaded it with sql loader but the problem is that I have
> to load an incremental load that contain again a million
> records but 20,000 where updated 20,000 are new and 20,000 deleted.
>
> Does anyone know how to this with sql loader ?
> Is there a better way to do it ?
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

[Quoted] [Quoted] Load the flat file in a temporary table. Then match your records with the production table by using sql and/or pl/sql [Quoted] IMO, you shouldn't load flat files in a live table directly.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Sep 27 2001 - 23:23:40 CEST

Original text of this message