Re: Forms 4.5 and stored functions

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:40:57 +0200

[Quoted] "Mark Styles" <news_at_lambic.co.uk> wrote in message news:4s31rtkopd6ggg1n5b17d9c2m9i9174eve_at_4ax.com...

> It would appear that Forms 4.5 doesn't like stored functions very
> much.
>
> I'm trying to use a stored function in the WHERE clause of a cursor in
> a Forms 4.5 procedure, but the procedure will not compile, complaining
> that the function does not exist. Is there a way around this?
>
> Thanks

[Quoted] This not a Forms issue, it is a privilege issue. You have privilege through a role and roles are disabled during compiling functions.
Either grant the function directly (7.3/8.0) or us authid invoker in Oracle 8i

Next time I respond to this I will enable the no-archive bit. It's getting a bit boring to answer this question multiple times per week.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Sep 25 2001 - 19:40:57 CEST

Original text of this message