Re: ORA-12154: TNS: could not resolve service name

From: Sam Sanjabi <sampaio_at_kozmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2001 11:40:39 -0700

Nicolas Iselin <nicolas_at_iselin.ch> wrote in message news:<3BA5F776.E4BE4F0F_at_iselin.ch>...
> Sam Sanjabi wrote:
>
> >[... tnsnames.ora problems ...]
>
> Sorry to put such a silly hint, but I ran into this and it cost
> me quite some time recently:
>
> Are you sure that you are editing the right tnsnames.ora file ?
> Maybe you have several tnsnames.ora files on your client and are
> editing one that is not used at all...
>
> Nicolas

As a last resort, I uninstalled all the client tools from my machine and reinstalled them again and now it works. Whatever the problem was it wasn't in the tsnnames.ora file, because it currently uses the exact entry I had in my original post to connect to the database and does so successfully.

Puzzling... :| Received on Wed Sep 19 2001 - 20:40:39 CEST

Original text of this message