Re: How create a trigger-like procedure on a SYS table???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:01:10 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] "deejay" <djuravel_at_dgny.com> wrote in message news:f7b19882.0109040859.2801b08_at_posting.google.com...
> I need something that will act like a trigger on a built in system
> table or view. Upon the update (insertion or deletion) of the built in
> view V$SESSION I need to track the change and notify another
> procedure. I tried creating a trigger on the V$SESSION table but since
> it belongs to SYS, it's not allowed. How can I get around this?

You can not.
Please describe in detail which havoc you are up to create. I'm sure there are other ways.
Also *always*, *always*, *always* post the *version and platform* you are using if you are requesting help.
[Quoted] Too many people here expect the people replying here are a) clairvoyant b) keeping track of the sw everyone is using. Both assertions don't hold true in my case.

In Oracle 8i you could quite easily create an after logon trigger.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 21:01:10 CEST

Original text of this message