PRO*C : can I force Oracle to give an error when reading NULLS while using Indicator variables?

From: NeelSing <bytetwo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Sep 2001 11:22:48 -0700

How can I force Oracle to give an error when reading NULLS in a Fetch with Indicator variables?

If I read a field that is NULL, Oracle will give an error (ORA-01405) if I am NOT using an indicator field.
But if I have an indicator variable associated with the field

        it (Oracle) does not generate the message.

Is above a correct behaviour or my illusion?

Can I generate the message (ORA-01405) that a null is read when using an indicator variable?

Comment, suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 20:22:48 CEST

Original text of this message