Reports v3 or v6 and the Windows Print Dialog

From: Bruce Moore <bruce.moore_at_conectiv.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:53:52 -0400

[Quoted] Okay, I have a report that is being launched from Forms. I want the parameter screen suppressed (easy enough), but I want the Windows Print Dialog to appear so the user can pick the printer the report shoudl go to. Using the following code in a program unit, I launch the report: list_id := create_parameter_list('input_params');
add_parameter(list_id,'PARAMFORM',text_parameter,'NO');
add_parameter(list_id,'DESTYPE',text_parameter,'Printer');
add_parameter(list_id,'DESNAME',text_parameter,' ');
add_parameter(list_id,'COPIES',text_parameter,'1');
add_parameter(list_id,'PRINTJOB',text_parameter,'YES');
add_parameter(list_id,'PNBR',text_parameter,:printdiag.equpmnt_prmt_nbr);
add_parameter(list_id,'DBSRC',text_parameter,:global.db_source);
run_product(REPORTS,'permits',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,list_id);
destroy_parameter_list('input_params');
As you can see, the PARAMFORM=NO turns off the display of the Oracle reports [Quoted] parameter screen. This works. I also included the PRINTJOB=YES parameter, which should cause the Windows Print Dialog to appear. This does not occur. If I supply no name in the desname parameter, the report goes to the default [Quoted] printer. If I put a fake name in the desname, the report bombs, saying invliad printer. If I place a BLANK printer name in desname, it still fills with the default printer. This is starting to bug me. Can anyone help? Received on Tue Sep 04 2001 - 19:53:52 CEST

Original text of this message