Re: I need a help about oracle installation and managing database

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:13:34 +0200

> I installed oracle 8i client and oracle server,

ok. We have a Oracle database installed.

 >but i don't know how i can creating and managing databases.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Let's connect using SQL*Plus 8.0. (Program Files/Oracle for NT/SQL*Plus 8.0 [Quoted] or similar, or from dos command prompt plus80.exe).

User scott,
 password tiger.

User scott is one of database schemas, others defaults are: system, sys, internal.

Now issue:
 SQL> select * from cat;

O!, We got all objects owned by scott.
We found here EMP table.
Lets see what is that.
 SQL>desc EMP;
Now we got description of table EMP, other type of objects are views, sequences, procedures, functions...
Lets browse now EMP table
 SQL> select * from EMP;
No rows? Table is unfortunatelly empty.

Ok, thats enough for start.

/Noel Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 12:13:34 CEST

Original text of this message