SQL Navigator, TNS error

From: Rose <roseliang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2001 09:33:24 -0700

Hi;

[Quoted] I installed SQL Navigator3.0 and try to connect a remote database. I set up the tnsnames.ora entry for that database and test on 'tnsping', successfully. But when I start SQL Navigator and put the correspond user and password, as well as connect string( same as the name for the tnsnames.ora entry) on the login window. It prompt :" ORA-12514: TNS: listner could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor".

I have 3 version of ORACLE (8.0, 8.15, 8.16) in this machine and the Oracle_Home is for the Oracle 8.16 which the listener is active. I add the entry for the listner.ora, tnsnames.ora for this Oracle version. I anded the IP address for the server that database is sitting in the host file. I ping and tnsping the server successfully. I don't know what else I should do to solve this problem.

Any help will be appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 02 2001 - 18:33:24 CEST

Original text of this message