Re: Security

From: Daniel A. Morgan <Daniel.Morgan_at_attws.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:52:06 -0700

Scott Fererro wrote:

> I am building an Oracle Forms app that will do database updates. It
> is going to be used by people though that only have read access to the
> database. Is there a way that I can do updates even though the user
> only has read access. I attempted to use the DBMS_SESSION.SET_ROLE
> command but it did not seem to work. Is there a way to do this? Do I
> just need a different role to set?

Send the values to be inserted to a stored procedure in the schema owning the tables. Then grant the users execute on the stored procedure(s). This is, in my opinion, the way all applications should be written to protect data integrity.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Aug 02 2001 - 20:52:06 CEST

Original text of this message