Re: creating a database through odbc?

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:55:38 GMT

Unlike a few responses to your question, i'll try and give you an answer!

I'm NOT an ODBC expert but have seen it done before. If you have MetaLink access on www.oracle.com, try doing a search on ODBC Excel.
There are quite a few examples on how to achieve this assuming you have the correct ODBC setup. Also, you can use Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) instead of ODBC.

A bit worried about you saying 'you need a quick Oracle database' though. Unlike Access *eek!* creating a database in Oracle is not so quick. However, if you have a schema or user logon which allows you to create tables, you are halfway there.

Mark