ORA-12703...how to fix?

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_gers.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 14:13:29 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have a form that is giving this error when we commit:

ORA-12703 12703, 00000, "this character set conversion is not supported"
// *Cause: The requested conversion between two character sets in the
CONVERT
// function is not implemented
// *Action:

I sort of get the general gist of it and what it means but it doesn't make sense to us that it's happening in a form - we aren't calling the CONVERT function at all. The problem only happens when the form is generated and run on our box - doesn't happen on our DG/UX box. Form is developed on the client side and we FTP the file over to UNIX and generate/run it on the server side in character mode.

From the limited information that the forms online help has on this, it sounds like it's related to server-side generation and runtime environment settings and not client-side development environment - yes? no? Other than that we don't know quite where to start looking.

Thanks,

Matt Received on Mon Jul 16 2001 - 23:13:29 CEST

Original text of this message