Re: Oracle Developer gives ORA 12154

From: Dave Penn <djpenn3_at_NO_SPAM_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:59:28 GMT

Perfect! I sensed I was close and that the fix was fairly straightforward, but it would have taken me eons to have come across that registry entry. Of course, it would have taken all the fun out of it if Oracle had just given me this info voluntarily:-) ...or maybe I should have spotted it somewhere and didn't.

Thanks tons, in any case. It'll save me an hour of driving each day for the next several weeks!

Come collect your free beer if you're ever in Minnesota.

Dave Penn

"TurkBear" <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:dhn8etkebg0qq1hlmbtjsflj69vr3n3ueb_at_4ax.com...

> Several approaches, but the best may be
>
> Create an string value entry in the registry under
> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle
>
> called TNS_ADMIN and fill in the location of one of your tnsnames.ora
 files ;
> <drive>:SomeOracle_home\network\admin
>

> Oracle will look in that location for the tns info ; otherwise you'll have
> keep copies of a good tnsnames.ora file in ALL your Oracle Home
 directories...

> "Dave Penn" <djpenn3_at_NO_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Here's my setup and problem...I hope somebody can help!
> >
> >Win2K Pro, SP1
> >
> >I've installed several instances of Oracle: 8.1.6 Personal, 8.1.7
 Personal,