Re: Oracle Developer gives ORA 12154

From: TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:58:13 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] Several approaches, but the best may be

Create an string value entry in the registry under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle

called TNS_ADMIN and fill in the location of one of your tnsnames.ora files ; [Quoted] <drive>:SomeOracle_home\network\admin

[Quoted] Oracle will look in that location for the tns info ; otherwise you'll have to [Quoted] [Quoted] keep copies of a good tnsnames.ora file in ALL your Oracle Home directories...