Oracle Developer gives ORA 12154

From: Dave Penn <djpenn3_at_NO_SPAM_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:52:50 GMT

[Quoted] Here's my setup and problem...I hope somebody can help!

Win2K Pro, SP1

I've installed several instances of Oracle: 8.1.6 Personal, 8.1.7 Personal, [Quoted] [Quoted] and 8.1.6 Enterprise. I can go into any or all of them and set up a connection (using the DBA Studio) to a database on my school's server and connect through SQL*PLUS so I know I've got those listeners working. But I [Quoted] [Quoted] tried to install Oracle Developer, and the installer wouldn't let me install [Quoted] it to any of the 3 existing homes (the homes of the instances mentioned [Quoted] above), giving a message that "the location specified, D:\<path> is already [Quoted] [Quoted] in use as an Oracle Home for 'Oracle 816 Production'. It cannot be used as an Oracle Home for 'nt'.

[Quoted] So I installed it to a separate home of its own, and I've tried to connect [Quoted] [Quoted] to any of the local db's that were configured during installation of the 3 [Quoted] instances listed above, but I get ORA 12154: TNS:cannot resolve service [Quoted] name. Same when I try to connect to the remote db at my school. I've added [Quoted] an entry in the TNSNAMES.ORA for the db at school, using the same case, [Quoted] indentation, spaces, etc. to make it look exactly like the ones that were already there, but to no avail.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Dave Penn Received on Mon Apr 23 2001 - 16:52:50 CEST

Original text of this message