Re: Stored Procedure Question?

From: gateway <gateway_at_tc.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:46:00 -0500

A lot of us are using Oracle because we have to - not because we want to. Some higher-up type figured out that Oracle is #1 so they wouldn't get fired for choosing it. We may be used to using things like temporary tables and having a SELECT at the end of a stored procedure to conveniently generate output.

We *are* trying to figure out how to do these things in Oracle using the database the way it was designed. But sometimes it's a very difficult task (as it would be for someone who was used to using Oracle and then had to switch to SQL Server).

Bob Malos
bob.malos_at_csu.mnscu.edu