Re: Stored Procedure Question?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:30:42 -0700

[Quoted] You can. But you would accomplish absolutely nothing. If you do not select your result into something then it is sort of like asking what is the sound made by a tree falling in the forest is no one is there to hear it?

This has been said before in this forum and it bears repeating. Oracle is not SQL Server, or Sybase, or Informix, or whatever ... it is Oracle. And if you want to use the tool you need to learn to use it the way it was designed to be used. Certainly it is not that big an imposition to write "FROM DUAL". Though why you wouldn't use a cursor is beyond me.

Daniel A. Morgan