Stored Procedure Question?

From: Ray Vonhollen <RVONHOLLEN_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 14:24:55 -0700

[Quoted] This is probably a simple question but, Can an Oracle's Stored Procedure use a simple internal select statement, without the necessity of having to prototype an out parameter in the stored procedure itself?

As is common with MSSQL & Sybase, one can simply issue an internal Select statement within the stored procedure such as: Select Mycol from Mytable.

[Quoted] I find, with my limited knowledge in Oracle, that one would have to perform a Select Mycol into MyNewCol from Dual;. Is there any workaround on this to simply cause a select statement to be performed?

Any advice or simply example would be greatly appreciated.

R- Received on Sun Apr 08 2001 - 23:24:55 CEST

Original text of this message