Re: Max field length reached

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:21:16 -0800

[Quoted] "Steve E." <steve.eckersley_at_ITS.lancscc.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3aafa13a$1_at_news.norweb.net...
> Hello,
> Can anyone advise me of a simple system variable, error-code etc. to
> determine whether the max field lenght of a field has been reached. This is
> for a forms 5 application running over our intranet. The problem occurs in
> large multi-line text fields where users do not realise that they have
> reached the limit of the field and phone up complaining that the system has
> frozen. This is amusing once, but has now become such a problem that we need
> to find a way to alert the user the field length limit has been reached. We
> have a large amount (1000+) of users with varying degrees of computer
> literacy.

[Quoted] Not sure if there is such a thing, however for the field in question if you set [Quoted] [Quoted] Auto Skip = Yes, it will send the user to the next enabled item when the max [Quoted] [Quoted] field length is reached. At least that way they don't sit there in the same field.

-Matt Received on Thu Mar 15 2001 - 03:21:16 CET

Original text of this message