Re: Max field length reached

From: Aparna <bliss_is_ignorance_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:31:19 +0800

matt's auto-skip soln will work.... but what i can suggest is that u could write a when-validate-item trigger along with setting the auto-skip to true n give the user a message saying that they've reached the end-of-field.... of course u'll have to check for various conditions like the field is indeed completely filled in this trigger... this in my opinion would be more user-friendly than just skipping to the next field...

aparna

"Matt B." <mcb_at_ds.znet.com> wrote in message news:tb09h53cjhhm99_at_corp.supernews.com...
> "Steve E." <steve.eckersley_at_ITS.lancscc.gov.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > Can anyone advise me of a simple system variable, error-code etc. to
> > determine whether the max field lenght of a field has been reached. This
 is
> > for a forms 5 application running over our intranet. The problem occurs
 in
> > large multi-line text fields where users do not realise that they have
> > reached the limit of the field and phone up complaining that the system
 has
> > frozen. This is amusing once, but has now become such a problem that we
 need
> > to find a way to alert the user the field length limit has been reached.
 We