Re: form 5.0 connection

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_ds.znet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:23:46 -0800

"Neilis Aideh" <aye_at_alikolen.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:98oj20$bev$1_at_newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> HELP! HELP!!
> I TRIED TO CONNECT FROM FORMS 5.0 TO ORACLE8i , MY PLATFORM IS WINDOWS 2000
> SEVER BUT GOT THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE:
> TNS : COULD NOT RESOLVE SERVICE NAME! WHAT SHOULD I DO?
> PLEASE! PLEASE!!
> THANKS IN ADVANCE

  1. Stop yelling and turn caps lock off.
  2. Set up your service name in your Net8 configuration and make sure the tnsnames.ora file (which is what it writes to) is in the path in your registry (I forget the name of the registry key offhand but I think it's something like TNS_ADMIN or something like that).

-Matt Received on Thu Mar 15 2001 - 03:23:46 CET

Original text of this message