From: <dhodson_at_welcom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:53:17 GMT

[Quoted] Hi Gurus,

I'm currently involved with migrating a finance application into Oracle [Quoted] 7.3.3, and i've hit a snag. The old system has notepad files held as single files in a directory on the unix server, and the problem is that [Quoted] the files are single rows (no line breaks) up to a maximum of 80kb. I'm using the following control file to successfully load some of them, [Quoted] but any notepad record over 4096 bytes is rejected by sql*loader.

APPEND
INTO TABLE GNNOTES
(
KEY_ID POSITION(1:8) CHAR,
NOTE_TEXT varchar
)

The first 8 characters of the text file are the account identifier, and [Quoted] the rest of the line (up to the end of the file) contains the text in the notepad.

Any suggestions? :)

Regards

Duncan Hodson

Sent via Deja.com