Re: Oracle 8i Stability

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 19:21:54 GMT

  1. In my experience Oracle 8i is pretty stable. At least 8.1.6.1.
  2. Looks like the problem you are describing is a Developer 6i problem. By the way, I wonder if that form worked before? I mean, was it broken from the beginning or maybe it stopped working at some time? Sometimes recompilation really helps, but all cases are different.
  3. If you are just the manager and want to control your employees using newsgroups, it's a bad idea. You need some technical understanding even to submit a question. You need more technical knowledge to understand the answer. If you developers have technical questions, let them ask those questions in the newsgroups.

In article <Jbgg6.21$Pg3.1121_at_bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,   "Russell Semen" <r.semen_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Does anyone ever experience the situation wherein a compiled Oracle 8i
 form
> does not function as per the coding, yet recompiling the form without
 any
> changes to the source code produces a functioning form as per the
 coding? I
> am in the position where an Oracle 8i developer of mine says that the
 above
> is the situation that he/she is in and I need to know if Oracle 8i is
 indeed
> this "quirky". Does anyone have any experience in this matter?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Feb 07 2001 - 20:21:54 CET

Original text of this message