Re: Prompting for input during a process?

From: Eric Givler <egivler_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:56:47 GMT

> If you know the persons identity when the cancellation button is checked
> then you could do the check for SSN immediately (and any other validations
> required), rather than wait until data entry has started and there are
> changes to save.

That's the approach that I was thinking. If the user hits the [cancellation] button we know that we refund by check if the person paid by anything other than credit card. If they paid by Credit Card only, then we refund by Credit Card (unless there are problems with the card being expired or no longer valid), but in general, we know. So, when they hit cancel, I can verify these facts and then tell them to go to the profile screen beforehand. NOW, it's after a number of other prompts and data entry boxes have been displayed.

> Alternatively, use the Post built-in to save (but not Commit) your changes
> to the database, and call your personal profile maintenance form. Use a
> global or parameter list to indicate to the called form that it too needs
> Post instead of Commit in these circumstances. A Global can be set in the
> called form to indicate whether data entry was successful (a Global
 created
> in the child form is visible to the parent).
> If you decide to use Post, note that the Form Status is reset to 'QUERY'
 and
> if you subsequently need to know whether there are changes to be committed
> then you need to hold that information in your own variable.

I was thinking of just allowing the call of the other form via an open_form, instead of a call_form. An open_form creates another session, right? Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 03:56:47 CET

Original text of this message