Re: Prompting for input during a process?

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp_xxx_.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:58:05 +1100

Hi Eric,

[Quoted] If you know the persons identity when the cancellation button is checked then you could do the check for SSN immediately (and any other validations required), rather than wait until data entry has started and there are changes to save.
[Quoted] Alternatively, use the Post built-in to save (but not Commit) your changes to the database, and call your personal profile maintenance form. Use a global or parameter list to indicate to the called form that it too needs to [Quoted] Post instead of Commit in these circumstances. A Global can be set in the called form to indicate whether data entry was successful (a Global created [Quoted] in the child form is visible to the parent). If you decide to use Post, note that the Form Status is reset to 'QUERY' and [Quoted] if you subsequently need to know whether there are changes to be committed then you need to hold that information in your own variable.