Database update problem Visio 2000 SR1, Oracle 8i, Win2K

From: Pavan Muzumdar <pmuzumdar_at_mvsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:49:51 GMT

Hi:

[Quoted] I am using Visio 2000 SR1 with Oracle 8i Enterprise on Windows 2000. I [Quoted] created a complete database using the database modeling functions in Visio. [Quoted] Connected to the database using the Oracle ODBC driver and created the objects successfully. However, I have two problems:

  1. When I try to update the database after making a change to any table, Visio downloads Object Type definitions from Oracle, for example, [Quoted] ORDSYS.ORDANNOTATION. After retrieving this info from the database, the [Quoted] logical validation of the model fails because the ORDANNOTATION object has [Quoted] columns named KEY and VALUE which Visio considers "reserved" words. Hence it doesn't update the database. [Quoted]
  2. Triggers created by Visio don't seem to get compiled even though [Quoted] triggers are created correctly on the first pass. Specifically these are [Quoted] auto counter triggers that are created by Visio.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Pavan Muzumdar Received on Mon Feb 05 2001 - 22:49:51 CET

Original text of this message