Re: Database update problem Visio 2000 SR1, Oracle 8i, Win2K

From: <robertboyle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 14:08:33 GMT

In article <3eFf6.282344$hD4.68341388_at_news1.rdc1.mi.home.com>,   "Pavan Muzumdar" <pmuzumdar_at_mvsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am using Visio 2000 SR1 with Oracle 8i Enterprise on Windows 2000.
> created a complete database using the database modeling functions in
 Visio.
> Connected to the database using the Oracle ODBC driver and created the
> objects successfully. However, I have two problems:
>
> 1. When I try to update the database after making a change to any
> table, Visio downloads Object Type definitions from Oracle, for
 example,
> ORDSYS.ORDANNOTATION. After retrieving this info from the database,
 the
> logical validation of the model fails because the ORDANNOTATION
 object has
> columns named KEY and VALUE which Visio considers "reserved" words.
 Hence
> it doesn't update the database.
>
> 2. Triggers created by Visio don't seem to get compiled even
 though
> triggers are created correctly on the first pass. Specifically these
 are
> auto counter triggers that are created by Visio.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pavan Muzumdar

Hi Pavan,

[Quoted] [Quoted] You may be able to help me here rather than me help you !! I am using [Quoted] Visio professional with the database modeller but am unable to get the [Quoted] connection to the ORACLE (odbc is there - just don't know how to get to [Quoted] it through visio) and build the database. Could you let me know the steps you have to go through to build your database from scratch from the visio diagram ?

Thanks a lot.
Robert

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Feb 06 2001 - 15:08:33 CET