Re: Problem Installing Designer 6i Repository

From: <michael_at_tantalus.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 06:58:27 GMT

Hi Remco,

Did you try Designer 6i2 with Oracle 8.1.7? Is it make sense? I lost 3 days with 6i and 8.1.7 like you. I don't want to start again before I am sure what will be the result.

Thank you,

Michael

In article <920iaf$hfu$2_at_qn-195-66-31-144.quicknet.nl>,   remco-blaakmeer_at_quicknet.nl wrote:
> In article <8vv4rb$phs$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> lthompson003_at_my-deja.com writes:
> > I am attempting to install a Designer 6i repository on an Oracle
 8.1.7
> > database running on Solaris. When click on the icon to build the
> > repository the script runs for a while building tables and indexes.
> > The script then hangs at the same point and it gives no error
> > messages. It hangs when attempting to build a package
> > CIQUE_ELEMENT_TYPE using the ciueet.odb script. Any suggestions on
> > what can be done to solve this problem.
>
> I'm having the exact same problem, using Designer 6i under Windows NT
 4
> Workstation and Oracle8i 8.1.7 under Linux.
>
> After the repository admin utility is killed, nothing short
 of "shutdown
> abort" is able to terminate the database session (I haven't tried
> killing the process from outside the database). It just sits there,
> eating CPU cycles.
>
> Does anybody know what causes this?
>
> Remco
> --
> qn-195-66-31-144: 10:30pm up 18 days, 22:18, 13 users, load
 average: 2.22, 2.47, 2.38

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Jan 20 2001 - 07:58:27 CET

Original text of this message