Forms 6i and Oracle 8i

From: Andy Collins <andy.collins_at_clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:30:06 -0000

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've created a view on the database and based a block upon it. In order to [Quoted] update the data I use an On-Update trigger to maintain the data on the base [Quoted] tables. Running against DB 7.3.4 it works correctly but we are in the [Quoted] process of upgrading to 8.1.6 and testing against this platform message [Quoted] 'FRM-40654: Record has been updated by another user. Re-query to see change' [Quoted] appears when any data is updated. Note, this is when data is changed on the [Quoted] form and not when commited to the database.

[Quoted] Removing the On-Update trigger gives message 'FRM-40602: Cannot insert into [Quoted] or update data in a view' which is as expected.

[Quoted] My resolution has been to create an 'INSTEAD OF' trigger on the view which [Quoted] only contains 'NULL;' within the body thus allowing the original code to work.

[Quoted] Have I missed a property on the block or is this how Forms works against Oracle 8i?

[Quoted] Forms version 6.0.8.10.3 - 6i with patch set 1.

Thanks for your help.

Andy. Received on Sun Jan 07 2001 - 22:30:06 CET

Original text of this message