Help: which Oracle product should I choose, and....

From: ZAlexsatellite <zalexsatellite_at_aol.com>
Date: 07 Jan 2001 21:52:53 GMT

Hello Oracle experts here, I am a college student and I have some questions about Oracle installation to consult you. These days I am learning Oracle, an currently I want to install Oracle on my PC. However I met two problems: [Quoted] 1. Since I am a novice to learn Oracle, which Oracle products do you recommend? [Quoted] (Oracle8i Lite? Oracle8i Personal Edition? Oracle8i Enterprise Edition? other [Quoted] products?). I am currently learning PL/SQL and JDBC programming associated with [Quoted] Oracle, maybe something else later.

[Quoted] 2. I want to upgrade my win98 to Win2000(Professional or Server version), From [Quoted] your point of view, which OS is better to install for learning Oracle? Win2000 [Quoted] Professional version or Server version(my PC is an PIII and with 192MBytes memory)?

[Quoted] 3. In order to learn JDBC programming related with Oracle, which IDE is better to use?

Maybe the above questions seems naive to you, but I really need your help! Your suggestions to any of the above questions are welcome. Thanks!!! Received on Sun Jan 07 2001 - 22:52:53 CET

Original text of this message