Re: Forms 6i and Oracle 8i

From: Jerry Alan Braga <jabraga_at_flanagan.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:07:47 -0500

I use this all the time and it works, here is what you do

  1. block query data source is your view name
  2. block the dml target is your actual table
  3. mark all the items in the block that are not part of the target table as query only YES

No override triggers required as Forms will build the proper SQL this way