Re: I can't find the right trigger

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:18:42 GMT

Sorry,

[Quoted] My previous answer is not complete. You use when-new-record-instance trigger on block a to create a new record in block b. Then you fill in fields in block b using when-validate-record trigger on block a.

In article <92sr6d$c8$1_at_wanadoo.fr>,
  "Jérôme PERRET" <jperret_at_freesurf.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developping with "Oracle Forms Builder v 6.0.8.8.0" and want to
 insert
> in table B when user create a record in table A that is the main table
 of my
> form. I need to insert in B a value from a column in table A. This
 value is
> sequencial with a trigger based on table A like this :
>
> IF INSERTING THEN
> SELECT seq_A.NEXTVAL into :NEW.Code FROM dual;
>
> My problem is that all triggers i've tried don't know the value of my
 column
> because the trigger based on table A fire after them.
>
> How can I do this ?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 02 2001 - 23:18:42 CET

Original text of this message