Re: I can't find the right trigger

From: (wrong string) érôme PERRET <jperret_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:26:20 +0100

[Quoted] Thanks for your help but I think you do not understand my problem (maybe I give you bad explain).
My problem is *NOT* to create the record in table B. The matter is to know wich value will have my sequencial column in table A. [Quoted] When forms commit my record in table A, it fires a table-trigger that call a [Quoted] sequence (SELECT seq_A.NEXTVAL into :NEW.Code FROM dual) to fill the column. [Quoted] I need to insert that value in table B. In a when-validate-record trigger on [Quoted] block A, this value is not known yet by forms and this is my problem. Am I clearer ?