Re: user exits in Forms 6

From: John Thelman <john.thelman_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:09:43 GMT

I know this is possible because I did it before using an LDA session.

Yeah, I plan on getting it from the userexit, passing it back to Forms, then using FFI to kick off the DLLs. This works well with LDAs, but Oracle documentation for userexits is so poor, nevermind the docs for OCI calls.

[Quoted] An example of Oracle stupidity, which cost me a week:

You can't write a userexit for Forms 6.0 with the 8.1.6 precompiler. Just [Quoted] because you have the latest version of the products apparently doesn't mean [Quoted] they are compatible. No errors here, it just doesn't work. They stated I [Quoted] must use the previous version of the pre-compiler (8.0.6) to generate the [Quoted] usere-exit. This worked.

The "clincher" is that the 8.0.6 is not certified for windows 2000....

Moral of the story is to drop Forms as quickly as possible! I've had it with the fisher-price interface, tons of bugs, lack of connectivity with the real world.

Thanks for the response!
John