Reports 6i and other tools

From: cah <no_at_spam.mam>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:04:55 +0100

[Quoted] Basicly i cant login to my DB wich is 8.1.7 I can connect with SQL Plus just fine, and do my sql stuff, however Reports say :

[Quoted] [Quoted] REP-0501: Unable to connect to the specified databse ORA-12154: TNS: coul dnot resolve service name.

(I use SYSTEM/MANAGER account as i usually do with SQL Plus..)

All other tools(ie discoverer) make an equalent error msg, they cant find the DB.
[Quoted] Now they're installed into different homes, wich i suspect to be my problem, [Quoted] [Quoted] however i cannot install these tools into the same home as the one used by [Quoted] 8.1.7 (it gives me an error if i try, says that the home is used for 817 production and cannot be used for nt home !?!?!).

Now all this is on the same machine, so everything is installed on localhost, connecting to localhost.

What am I doing wrong ?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 20:04:55 CET

Original text of this message