Re: Question about fnd_message

From: Richard Kessler <rakessler_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 15:48:53 GMT

Just got back from the Extend Oracle Applications class and have not tried this stuff yet, but here are notes I made from several sources. The documentation should be in the Extend Oracle Applications guide (metalink), not developer.

P.S. Direct mail to you bounced.

rakessler_at_mindspring.com

Stored Procedures Exceptions

for failures in PL/SQL stored procedures where you want to stop further processing:

        IF (error condition) THEN
        fnd_message.set_name(appl_short_name, message_name);
        APP_EXCEPTION.RAISE_EXCEPTION;
        END IF;

also try FND_MESSAGE.SET_STRING(value VARCHAR2);
        then either
        FND_MESSAGE.[SHOW | ERROR | WARN | QUESTION ]
                        ERROR,    1 button returns TRUE or FALSE
                        QUESTION, 2 button returns button number
                        SHOW,     1 button no return