Question about fnd_message

From: C r a i g e r s <nospam.craigers_at_ukrm.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:38:58 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hope this isn't too old already- we aren't upgrading to 11i until mid '01.

[Quoted] I was wondering if I can get your input on this problem, I'm relatively new [Quoted] to forms development.

I'm modifying an existing form (GMSINWKB - AP Workbench). The modification [Quoted] is a warning message that pops up warning the user that they may want to [Quoted] change the expenditure type for certain items (having line type like 'FREIGHT')- but not mandatory, more as a reminder, a suggestion, not real [Quoted] action taken other than perhaps a GO_BLOCK or GO_ITEM call if they select the button.

[Quoted] At first I tried adding an alert and that wasn't entirely successful, for [Quoted] reasons unknown- compilation error message was not helpful in discerning why.

[Quoted] Attempting now to add the message using FND_MESSAGE.

     Fnd_Message.Set_Name('SQLAP', 'AP_INV_MATCH_EQU_EXP_TYPE');
     Fnd_Message.Question('Yes', 'No', null);

The form utilises FND_MESSAGE.WARN and FND_MESSAGE.ERROR and I went to call [Quoted] a different one FND_MESSAGE.QUESTION but when compiling get 'QUESTION is not a procedure or is undefined.'

[Quoted] I text-ised the .fmb into an .fmt and searched to see what else I could be [Quoted] missing, but nothing obvious.

Forms Developer doesn't have any info in Help on FND_MESSAGE, and the coding [Quoted] standard manual does not make mention of any declarations or database insertions to make this happen.

--
[Quoted] D   o   t   a   c   i   o   n

Oracle Environment 7.3.4 NCA
Solaris
Designer Reports 2.5 Forms 4.5

A tech once calmed a man who was enraged because "his computer had told him
[Quoted] he was bad and an invalid." The tech patiently explained that the computer's
[Quoted] "bad command" and "invalid" responses shouldn't be taken personally.