Oracle 8.1.6 SQL*Plus

From: Buck Eskew <BEskew_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 03:00:58 GMT

I'm using SQL*Plus with Oracle 8.1.6 Client on a Windows 98 Platform, connecting to an 8.1.6 database on a Unix server. I am unable to get my 'updated' query to save back to my afiedt.buf file when exiting from my editor. I'm using Notepad as my default editor, and am selecting "Yes" when prompted to save the updated file, but when control is returned back to [Quoted] SQL*Plus, my 'updated' query is no longer available. I am invoking the editor with just the 'EDIT' command (not specifying a particular file).

[Quoted] [Quoted] I searched to see if I had another 'afiedt.buf' file on my harddrive, but [Quoted] didn't find one. Also, I couldn't see anything in the glogin.sql file or the Registry. It appears as though the 'buffer' is not reading the actual afiedt.buf file. I can open the c:\oracle\ora81\bin\afiedt.buf file from within Notepad and it shows my
revised query, but when I use the EDIT command in SQL*Plus, it brings up the original query.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Buck Eskew Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 04:00:58 CET

Original text of this message