Re: Oracle 8.1.6 SQL*Plus

From: Matt B. <mcb_at_fightspam.sd.znet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:22:36 -0800

[Quoted] "Buck Eskew" <BEskew_at_gte.net> wrote in message news:KTpM5.4253$6C2.331013_at_dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net...
>I am invoking the editor with just the 'EDIT' command (not specifying a
particular file).

I use "ed" rather than "edit". Not sure if it makes a difference but give it a try anyway.

>I searched to see if I had another 'afiedt.buf' file on my harddrive, but
didn't find one.

Even if there was, it's usually the one in the same working directory that your SQL*Plus shortcut points to.

>Also, I couldn't see anything in the glogin.sql file or the Registry. It
[Quoted] appears as though the 'buffer' is not reading the actual afiedt.buf file.

Do a "show all" and I think it has the buffer filename listed in there. See if [Quoted] it shows anything unusual.

-Matt Received on Fri Nov 03 2000 - 06:22:36 CET

Original text of this message