Re: Oracle Client Conflicts

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:28:40 +0100

Charles,

[Quoted] you are worried about dual homes for Oracle, but not for Windows?
If the client uses orawin diry, plus assuming this was the default, I suspect that is 16-bit software. Better check that, too (oracle.ini file would be a sure bet). If all is 32 bits, forget about the first remark.

As for 2 homes; it runs smoothly. Switch Homes utility switches defaults. As long as you set them specifically, no problem. I run 3 homes here (dev 4.5,
dev 6i/oracle 8i and iAS). No OO4O.
The only problem I can think of -but have no proof of- is the fact that some dll's may not support all of your environments. That being an OS problem does not help your customer, tho. I always managed to find some combination that did the job (I must add I'm bold now, and what's left is greyish... ;))

I suppose you have a test environment? Why not give it a shot?

--
Frank
cgoehring <cgoehring_at_rcisd.com> schreef in berichtnieuws