Designer db generation: Bug or PEBKAC

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:49:52 -0600

[Quoted] [Quoted] (PEBKAC: Problem exists between keyboard and chair). Is this a problem with Designer, or am I doing something wrong?

I am in the Design Editor, regenerating indexes (indices for purists) for an existing table. In the DB Admin navigator, I have specified a tablespace for the index, under User Object Index Storage. The generated DDL uses this spec. All is good.

But then, I return to the Server Model navigator to change an index to Bitmap, and regenerate the DDL (after dropping the "normal" index in TOAD). This DDL does NOT use the specified tablespace! Turns out I have to return to the DB Admin tab and navigate at least as far as the Users node (there is only 1 user listed) for the DDL to use the tablespace specification. (I notice that the Objects tab on the Generate Database from Server Model dialog also changes from User Selection to dbname.username at the top node.)

Is this intentional behavior for Designer? I suppose it is, but since I am learning Designer on the fly I find it nerve-wracking. Thoughts on the subject are appreciated. Thanks. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 16:49:52 CEST

Original text of this message