Oracle's Suite of i-products??

From: Chaz <chaz_at_hates.spam>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:41:52 -0700

We have a client very keen on us using Oracle's complete line of products for a large scale web project in the near future. Specifically, its web server, database, XML tools, Java tools, and anything else in between. However, except for database, we haven't had much experience with the rest. We need to go back to this client with a recommended development strategy outlining which of these we intend to use, and why; which we don't intend to use, and why; and how the tools we choose to work with will work with other vendor's products. We can propose a mixed environment, or a completely homogenous environment, provided we know the consequences of each.

For example:
[Quoted] Will Oracle Webserver work with Microsoft SQL Server? ASP? How about the other tools in the Oracle suite (XML, Java, JSP....., how do they behave in mixed environments)

[Quoted] If anyone has any insight, it would go a long way at this point. If you've [Quoted] worked with any (or all) of these tools, and have experienced problems/successes with them, I'd love to hear them. Or if you know of any [Quoted] helpful resource (aside from Oracle's website, which is just a big sales pitch), please drop me a line.

Thanks in advance.
reply to jlucarino_at_populuxe.com.nospam [remove .nospam]

Cheers!
John Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 19:41:52 CEST

Original text of this message