can't connect to management server

From: <magichobbit_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:10:05 GMT

I'm not sure if this is a "server" issue, or a "tools" issue. Either way, I'm going out of my mind.

I've been trying to install Oracle8i Enterprise edition on NT 4.0, and have been having problems connecting to the management server. The installion seems to go fine, but everytime I try to open Enterprise Manager and try to connect to the Managment Server, I fail.

I bought a book on using Oracle8i, and it say if you receive this error trying to connect to the Management Server, go find someone who knows how! Fat lotta good that does me.

Anyway, has anybody else had this problem out of the box? I've tried looking through the documentation, but I can't seem to find anything that talks about this.

thanks

brent

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 20:10:05 CEST

Original text of this message