Re: Designer R6.0 Server Side Installation

From: Van Messner <vmessnerNOvmSPAM_at_discovernet.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/08/02

Here's some additional information to check. Sorry if the formatting gets screwed up over the Web.

Then I created a repository owner and granted connect and resource to him

create user DEV60 identified by DEV60
default tablespace DEV60_REPOS_TABLES
temporary tablespace TEMP;
grant connect, resource to DEV60;

C3 Now I moved back to the client and performed the next set of steps. First I logged onto the server from the client as sys using the SQL*Plus version 8. I ran
_at_c:\orant\repadm60\utl\ckrorole. Then I ran the following
individual SQL statements:

grant execute on dbms_lock to DEV60;
grant execute on dbms_pipe to DEV60;
grant select on dba_rollback_segs to DEV60; grant select on dba_segments to DEV60;
grant create sequence to DEV60;
grant create synonym to DEV60;
grant create table to DEV60;
grant des2000_owner to DEV60;

I closed SQL*Plus then ran start > programs > oracle designer r6.0 > repository administration utility. I connected as DEV60 / DEV60 / TDBAV. At this point I followed the steps starting on page 2.13 of the Designer Installation Guide. These steps check to see whether you have installed the necessary pieces successfully. I had to modify the registry entries for EXECUTE_IMPORT, EXECUTE_EXPORT and EXECUTE_PLUS_RAU as shown on page 2.20. After the checks while in the Install a Designer/2000 Repository Instance dialog box I pressed "Start". Many objects were created and actual data was imported from zipped files. I look at the log files from the install to see whether all had gone well.
C4 Finally there are the post-creation steps. I brought rollback segments RB0 and RB1 back online. I left the large INSTALL_RBS_DEV60 in place until I can find out whether it is useful. Then I used the repository administration utility to view objects and check whether any were disabled, invalid or missing. None was. I changed the init.ora parameter max_enabled_roles=50 then bounced the database. I ran two scripts to enable pinning in the shared pool:
_at_c:\orant\rdbms80\admin\dbmspool and
_at_c:\orant\rdbms80\admin\prvtpool.plb. Then I granted access to
DEV60:         grant execute on sys.dbms_shared_pool to DEV60;

I restarted the designer repository administration utility and checked that pinning worked by pressing the little pin symbol. All went OK. Finally, following the instructions on page 2.27 of the Designer installation manual I created a test application system.
C5 During the install of Oracle Designer, several pieces of Oracle Developer are installed. But not enough. If you try to do something as simple as running the Designer tutorial you will not be able to until you install Developer. Installing Developer is a two part process. First you install whatever pieces you don't already have from the Developer 6.0 CD-ROM. Then you install patches from the Developer 6.0 Patch 1 set CD-ROM.

        These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0 CD-ROM

		JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.11o
		Oracle Developer Demos, Addons 6.0.5.1.3
		Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.0.2
		Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.0.0
		Oracle Developer Project Builder 6.0.5.7.0
		Oracle Developer Schema Builder 6.0.5.6.0
		Oracle Developer Trans Builder 6.0.3.0.3
		Oracle Developer Reports Express Support
6.0.5.11.0
		Oracle Express Connection Editor 6.2.0.0.1
		Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.2.0.0h
		Oracle Developer Graphics Graphics Builder
6.0.5.8.0
		Oracle Developer Graphics Cue Card Sound
6.0.5.6.0
		Oracle Developer Reports Builder 6.0.5.28.0
		Oracle Developer Reports Cue Card Sound Files
6.0.5.6.0  (this failed)
	These are the pieces I installed from the Developer 6.0
patchset 1 CD-ROM
	GUI Common Files 6.0.5.29.0
	JDK Applet Viewer 1.1.7.15o
	Oracle Developer Database Tables 6.0.5.29.0
	Oracle Developer Forms 6.0.5.29.4  (but not the web
cartridge)
	Oracle Developer Graphics 6.0.5.29.1 (but not graphics
server)
	Oracle Developer Procedure Builder 6.0.5.29.0
	Oracle Developer Reports 6.0.5.29.2 (but not multitier
server and not thin client)
	Oracle Jinitiator 1.1.7.15.1o
	Require Support Files 8.0.5.1.0c
	Tools Utilities 6.0.5.29.2

Got questions? Get answers over the phone at Keen.com. Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message