Worthless OTN tracts, and worthless OTN bennies in general...

From: Timothy A. Anderson <tima_at_nospam.com>
Date: 2000/07/26

[Quoted] Installed Windows 2000. Old copy of 8 personal refused to install. Subscribed to OTN. Ordered developer tract for NT/2000. Did not get 8i personal. Tried to download from OTN site. Oracle tells me their FTP server [Quoted] can't handle the traffic and that I should keep trying. Tried discussion groups. Apparently they can't handle the discussion group traffic either, as [Quoted] they never load from their web site.

Is there a way to order a nice cheap developer copy of 8i personal and actually get it? Is there a way to download it off of Oracle's site? I find [Quoted] it pretty funny that a company that is spending billions in advertising the [Quoted] fact they "power e business" can't cough up enough money to get an ftp server that works.

Timothy A. Anderson
tima_at_predator-software.com Received on Wed Jul 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message