Re: developer forms

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: 2000/07/24

[Quoted] "kushan" <vikasmamta_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8l9vtj$kr1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Help me, I have question
> What is the pupose of key-others trigger in forms?

Use this trigger to provide greater control over your form by restricting [Quoted] [Quoted] what the users can do. The only line in the trigger is NULL; Then activate [Quoted] only the keys you want active, for example Execute Query, with the [Quoted] corresponding function in the key's trigger: Key-ExeQry is EXECUTE_QUERY;

[Quoted] [Quoted] In a GUI environment, however, this technique is probably passe'.

> for what system.message_level variable is used in forms?
> means its controls which kind of messages user written or system or
> both

This is the only system variable you can change; the others are read-only. [Quoted] [Quoted] Oracle error messages have severity levels, and the lowest-severity messages [Quoted] [Quoted] are only informational. To prevent unnecessary messages from being displayed [Quoted] by a procedure, increase the message_level before executing the procedure.

[Quoted] [Quoted] An example is FRM-40301...no records...retrieved resulting from an Execute_Query. This may be a nuisance message in some situations, and it can [Quoted] be supressed by setting message_level to 30 before the Execute_query [Quoted] statement. (Be sure to set message_level back to its previous value after the query.)