Re: INSERT INTO and MULTI-RECORD Pls Help!

From: <times9_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/15

[Quoted] I tried the select into with and without the SUM(), and it poses the same problem. Can you elaborate further on using a cursor and looping through it? I think this is the solution I'm looking for. Thank you again for the help !

> Sounds like you're doing a "SELECT...INTO", which will only work with
 one and
> only one row. These are OK if the situation warrants it, but
 generally you
> also need to trap the NO_DATA_FOUND and TOO_MANY_ROWS system
 exceptions when
> you use a SELECT...INTO. Sounds like you need a declared cursor that
 you can
> loop through.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message