Re: INSERT INTO and MULTI-RECORD Pls Help!

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co,larimer.co.us>
Date: 2000/06/15

Let's back up a minute, guys.

You want to put this data into a multi-record block in a form. Right? SELECT...INTO is not the way you do this. Instead:

Create View Summer_Payroll as
Select Name, SUM(amount_earned) Sum_Earned, SSN from PAYROLL
where year = 2000 and pay_period < 15
group by Name, SSN;

The datablock SUMMER_PAYROLL will use this view.

Do the same thing for the academic year block.

Sounds too easy. What did I miss?