INSERT INTO and MULTI-RECORD Pls Help!

From: <times9_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/12

Hello,

[Quoted] I'm new to Oracle Forms, and I'd appreciate the help. I created a temporary table, and I'm trying to insert a record into this temporary table when a user clicks on a button. The table isn't a block [Quoted] in forms if that makes any difference. But when I click on that button which has the INSERT INTO statement in it's WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger, and then I check the temporary table, nothing is present in the table. [Quoted] Am I not allowed to call INSERT INTO statements within oracle forms? If [Quoted] so, how can I get around it.

[Quoted] I would also like to know how I can insert records into a multi-record block. I know that in a master-detail relation, the multi-record block [Quoted] gets populated, but is there a way to do it manually? If I wanted to insert something specifically myself -- how would I do this? For example, how would I intercept the detail being populated, so that I can do some processing on the records being displayed on the detail section [Quoted] before it is displayed. And to sort out which detail record to show and which ones not to show. How do I index the individual records of the multi-record block?

Thank you for any kind of help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message